Gerflor's Taraflex Shows Continued Dominance in NCAA Division 1 Volleyball
Leading Collegiate Volleyball Programs Specify Olympic Grade Flooring
CHICAGO, IL – (OCTOBER 21, 2014) – Gerflor, a global leader in the design and manufacture of multipurpose resilient sports flooring, today announced that the University of Washington and Marquette University, both Division I members of the NCAA, launched the 2014-15 volleyball season with their newly installed Taraflex® Sport M Plus flooring. Alaska Airlines Arena, home of the University of Washington Volleyball program, received 10,400 square feet of custom-made school colors in Purple and Gold (Maple), while Marquette University specified 6,550 square feet of the same Taraflex product in its custom-made school colors of Blue and Gold (Maple) at the Al McGuire Center. The portable volleyball floor is easily installed over the facilities’ existing wood courts.
“There were many reasons we wanted to go with this court,” said University of Washington Head Coach Jim McLaughlin. “It’s better for the players in terms of extra cushioning for safety and longevity. It is the most elite floor in the world. It’s a custom purple Husky floor, and it makes the arena a volleyball arena. Now it’s a better feel, and a new look and a new vibe. It will be great for our fans and our players.”
“Elite level NCAA volleyball teams deserve the best when it comes to sports flooring, so Gerflor is honored that we are continually called upon to provide players and coaches with a proven solution for their volleyball programs,” says Benjamin Bachman, CEO, Gerflor USA. “Gerflor’s Taraflex® is the world leader when it comes to trusted sports flooring for both high-level, competitive athletes and recreational beginners.”
Taraflex® Volleyball Dominance At A Glance:
- University of Washington Women’s Volleyball is currently ranked 3rd in the nation
- Installed in leading NCAA volleyball programs: University of Washington, Marquette University, University of Hawaii, University of Iowa, University of Kentucky, University of Nebraska, Clemson University, and James Madison University
- Gerflor, through IHF and FIVB agreements, has supplied courts for Volleyball and Handball tournaments during the last Olympic Games in London in 2012. Taraflex® is the most widely specified sports surface in the world and has been selected for ten consecutive Olympic Games from Montreal in 1976 to London in 2012 for indoor surfaces like Volleyball, Handball, Badminton and Table Tennis.
- Fédération Internationale de Volleyball (FIVB) / International Federation of Volleyball certified
- Used in FIVB World League 2014 Men’s World Championships in Poland and 2014 Women’s World Championships in Italy
- Specified by women’s volleyball legend Caren Kemner – former Olympian and six-time recipient of the United States Olympic Committee Female Volleyball Athlete of the Year, five-time winner of USA Team MVP award